Patients with a primary diagnosis of stroke coded as I61, I63 or I64 should be added onto SSNAP. Additionally, any patient who follows the stroke care pathway should be included on SSNAP. If a patient has a serious co-morbidity that would prevent them from following the stroke care pathway, these patients should be excluded from the SSNAP dataset.
Articles in this section
- How to find the Computer-aided dispatch (CAD) number
- 1.7: What postcode should I enter for overseas patients or those with no fixed abode?
- 1.9: How do I record a change of diagnosis?
- 1.11: What onset time should be recorded if a patient has a stroke during sleep?
- 1.14: For an inpatient stroke what should I enter as the first ward of admission?
- 2.3: What should be recorded as the patient’s NIHSS score on arrival if they are unconscious or comatose?
- 2.3 & 2.9: Will selecting “not known” for components of NIHSS affect the audit compliance level for my team?
- 2.4: If a patient is scanned as an outpatient and an infarct is detected but is not admitted to hospital until a later date (eg 24 hours or 48 hours later) what should be entered for arrival and scanning date/time?
- 2.4: What happens when a stroke patient has a brain scan at a hospital and is then immediately transferred to another hospital?
- 2.9: What NIHSS score should I enter for ‘What was the patient’s NIHSS score at 24 hours after thrombolysis?’ if the patient died within 24 hours after receiving thrombolysis?