What is the import function?
The import function allows users with existing stroke data collection systems to import their data into the SSNAP webtool, rather than entering the answers into the webtool directly.
In order to access the import function, users need to be set up as an approved importer. Please contact the Helpdesk to set this up.
Please note: Only the first hospital treating a patient are able to use the import function - further hospitals along the pathway can continue the record online as manual data entry.
In order for patient records to be successfully imported, it is essential that each patient record is configured in the correct way – the questions must be in the same order, the answers must adhere to the allowed values, and validation rules must be followed. Only comma separated values (.csv) files can be imported
Overview of import support area
- Import specification - interpretation
- CSV spreadsheet - understanding how to enter data into the CSV spreadsheet
- Webtool import page - describing the import page and understanding the different options
- Reporting of errors in the import file - understanding the errors table
- Further import rules- information about further rules needed for a successful import
- How to become an approved user for the import function - the requirements for becoming an approved importer