Ambulance trusts will begin entering the following key data onto SSNAP:
- Ambulance trust that conveyed the patient and hospital patient was conveyed to
- Date and time of 999 call being connected to the operator
- Ambulance response time clock start
- Date and time of arrival at and departure from patient location
- Whether the patient was FAST positive when assessed by the paramedic
- Pre-hospital clinical impression
Ambulance trusts already collect key information on pre-hospital stroke care, including how quickly the ambulance arrives following the 999 call and how long they take to get to hospital.
Current reported data is not based on any form of linkage, however the project will enable figures to be based on actual timings per patient. Data linkage between ambulance trusts and acute hospital trusts will be achieved using NHS numbers, CAD numbers and/or date of birth.