What does it show?
The CCG/LHB results portfolio shows population-based results for every CCG/LHB for CCG Outcome Indicator Set (OIS) measures and all SSNAP key indicators.
This periodic CCG and LHB results portfolio aims to provide all CCGs, LHBs, other interested stakeholders within the NHS, and the general public with key information on stroke care for patients within each CCG/LHB. Results for five of the six stroke measures within the CCG Outcomes Indicator Set (CCG OIS) are included in this portfolio - results for the sixth measure, "Mortality within 30 days of hospital admission for stroke (CCG OIS 1.5)", are provided later in the year, closer to the time that the CCG OIS are published.
This portfolio also contains two measures which we know to be of high priority for stroke work across many CCGs and LHBs: prior anticoagulation of stroke patients, and treatment by stroke skilled Early Supported Discharge teams. It also contains the average SSNAP level for providers within each CCG/LHB.
How can you use it?
The CCG/LHB results document consists of the flowing tabs:
- CCG and LHB Casemix (key casemix features of each CCG's and LHB's admissions are given)
- CCG OIS and additional info (results for the CCG Outcomes Indicator Set, average SSNAP level for providers within each CCG/LHB, and measures with high priority for many CCG and LHBs)
- CCG & LHB SSNAP Key Indicators (all 44 of the SSNAP 'Key Indicators' are included, giving a broad picture of stroke care across inpatient care providers. SSNAP reference numbers for the National Results Portfolio are given to allow easy comparison between different SSNAP outputs)
- Hospitals per CCG and LHB (a list of the teams (typically a team is a hospital) which each CCG's/LHB's patients have been admitted to is given in the "Hospitals per CCG and LHB" tab, along with the number of the CCG's/LHB's patients who have been admitted to each team)
- Methodology (in order to make sure these data are as transparent as possible, we have provided details on the methodology for how patients are assigned to CCGs/LHBs)
Please note: CCGs/LHBs with less than 50% case ascertainment or fewer than 20 patients will not receive all results.
- Simplified technical information (to help understand how the indicators were calculated download the Simplified technical information). Click here to download the Simplified technical information
Where can I find it?
All CCG/LHB results are available here - Results > Clinical audit > National
We would greatly appreciate any feedback that you have on this report. If you found the report useful, or think there is any way that we could improve the report, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email via the contact button, or leave a comment below.