What does it show?
Results portfolio contains every data item reported by SSNAP as well as a transfer tree, technical guidance and details on case ascertainment and audit compliance.
Results portfolio outputs are available on the following levels: national, CCG/LHB/LCG and individual team. Prior to April-June 2018, results portfolios are also available on a regional level.
How can you use it?
The results portfolio output’s purpose is to:
- provide ‘patient centred’ and ‘team centred’ results, so that the results identify processes and outcomes from both the patient perspective (of care received regardless of which team provided it) and the team perspective (of what each team provided, or failed to provide).
- give participating teams information to help identify where there is good practice and areas requiring improvements in their stroke service and to maximise the use of SSNAP data to support quality improvement
- highlight issues with audit compliance and record completeness in SSNAP and to set out a score as a means of encouraging improvement with audit compliance
- show the case ascertainment for patient admissions and patient discharges during the relevant period (using projections of expected numbers of admissions from HES, which is the best method possible given the time-lag involved in getting access to central hospital admissions data)
- provide team level results to those teams which met the minimum requirements set for receiving their own results
- provide top-level summary information in an accessible and visual format (for example, the accompanying slideshow and performance tables) and to provide a full reference portfolio to enable those who wish to drill down into more detail.
- provide the pre-existing or upcoming national measures for stroke: these include the CCG Outcomes Indicator Set (CCG OIS); 2016 NICE Quality Standard for Stroke measures
- provide organisations such as NHS England, NHS Wales, Strategic Clinical Networks (SCNs) and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) with full data for all teams. All parts of this report will be fully open within the public domain at named team level.
Where can I find it?
National level results portfolios are available here - Results > Clinical audit > National
Regional level results portfolios are available here - Results > Clinical audit > Regional
Team level results portfolios are available here - Results > Clinical audit > Team
CCG/LHB/LCG results portfolios are available here - Results > Clinical audit > CCG/LHB/LCG
We would greatly appreciate any feedback that you have on this report. If you found the report useful, or think there is any way that we could improve the report, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email via the contact button, or leave a comment below.