Although every effort should be made to record this accurately, if the MRS is not known then a best estimate should be entered based on clinical judgment. However, MRS should be achievable for all patients, therefore a ‘not known’ option is unavailable. MRS on discharge gives incredibly important data on outcomes.
Articles in this section
- 1.5: What is the minimum age for eligible patients?
- 1.7: What postcode should I enter for overseas patients or those with no fixed abode?
- 1.9: How do I record a change of diagnosis?
- General: Patient declining consent
- 1.9 Should a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) stroke be included on SSNAP?
- 1.11: What onset time should be recorded if a patient has a stroke during sleep?
- 1.12.2 How to find the Computer-aided dispatch (CAD) number
- 1.14: For an inpatient stroke what should I enter as the first ward of admission?
- Section 1: How should inpatients with two stroke occurrences be recorded?
- Section 1: How should patients with two stroke occurrences within the same day be recorded?