If a patient is unconscious or comatose on arrival, “3” should be selected for LOC (2.3.1) and “not known” should be selected for all other instances where the NIHSS is untestable. For further information regarding when “not known” is an appropriate selection please refer to the dataset helpnotes or the online NIHSS training resource.
Articles in this section
- 1.5: What is the minimum age for eligible patients?
- 1.7: What postcode should I enter for overseas patients or those with no fixed abode?
- 1.9: How do I record a change of diagnosis?
- General: Patient declining consent
- 1.9 Should a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) stroke be included on SSNAP?
- 1.11: What onset time should be recorded if a patient has a stroke during sleep?
- 1.12.2 How to find the Computer-aided dispatch (CAD) number
- 1.14: For an inpatient stroke what should I enter as the first ward of admission?
- Section 1: How should inpatients with two stroke occurrences be recorded?
- Section 1: How should patients with two stroke occurrences within the same day be recorded?