As of 1 July 2021, a new SSNAP dataset was put in place. All records with a start date of 1 July 2021 or later require the answering of these new questions.
Rationale for adding new questions to SSNAP:
- There is compelling evidence for reasonably tight blood pressure management after intracerebral haemorrhage. Given with the increased use of anticoagulants it is vital to get systems in place with urgency to correct clotting abnormalities when people are admitted with ICH.
- The validations and answer options for thrombolysis and thrombectomy complications have been refined to improve the quality of data submitted to SSNAP.
- Care provided by rehabilitation assistants and nurses will be captured in more detail through new questions in Section 4.
- Covid Status will be reflected on Section 7.
- Employment after stroke and EQ-5D-5L are new additions to the 5.0.0 dataset.
- There are also some more minor changes to question wording, answer options, and/or validations to ensure the data collected are as useful as possible.
Below you can download the new Core SSNAP Dataset as well as the new SSNAP Dataset Helpnotes.